BossuTv Logo
trending_flat
Ebola Risk High Inside DR Congo No Pandemic Emergency WHO Says

The World Health Organization has said that the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo poses a high risk inside the country but does not represent a global pandemic emergency. WHO Director-General Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus made this statement on Wednesday after meeting with the agency's emergency committee. He confirmed that the outbreak is a public health emergency of international concern but said it does not meet the criteria for a pandemic emergency. The outbreak is concentrated in eastern Ituri province of DR Congo. Health officials have recorded about 246 suspected cases and 80 deaths so far. Two suspected cases have also been reported in neighbouring Uganda. WHO assesses the risk as high at the national and regional levels but low at the global level. The virus has likely been spreading for months before it was detected according to […]

trending_flat
Togo Plans 742,902 Mosquito Nets for 2026

Au Togo, les autorités sanitaires ont lancé depuis mars les préparatifs de la campagne nationale de distribution de moustiquaires imprégnées d’insecticide (MII). Pour l’année 2026, l’État prévoit un investissement de 1,3 milliard de FCFA afin d’acquérir 742 902 moustiquaires destinées aux populations. Ces informations proviennent du document « Budget du citoyen », récemment publié par le ministère des Finances et du budget du Togo. Bien que la date officielle de lancement de la campagne ne soit pas encore annoncée, le document détaille la répartition des équipements à travers le pays. La région des Plateaux bénéficiera du plus grand nombre de moustiquaires, avec 211 481 unités prévues. Elle est suivie par la région des Savanes, qui en recevra 146 539. Les régions de la Kara et Maritime disposeront respectivement de 125 370 et 121 967 moustiquaires, tandis que la région Centrale […]

trending_flat
WHO Deploys Experts as Congo Confirms 16th Ebola Outbreak in Kasai Province

The World Health Organization (WHO) has deployed experts to Kasai province in the Democratic Republic of Congo following confirmation of a new Ebola outbreak. The move comes as health authorities face what they say is the country’s 16th outbreak of the deadly virus. WHO said its teams are working with Congo’s Rapid Response Team to strengthen disease surveillance, improve treatment, and enhance infection prevention measures in health facilities. Supplies, including personal protective equipment, mobile labs, and medicines, are also being delivered. Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, WHO Director-General, confirmed that vaccines will play a central role in containing the outbreak. “We had previously prepositioned 2,000 doses of the Ebola vaccine in Kinshasa, which we are releasing to vaccinate contacts and health workers,” he said. Congo’s Health Minister Samuel-Roger Kamba said the outbreak’s fatality rate, estimated at 53.6%, highlights the severity of […]

Login to enjoy full advantages

Please login or subscribe to continue.

Go Premium!

Enjoy the full advantage of the premium access.

Stop following

Unfollow Cancel

Cancel subscription

Are you sure you want to cancel your subscription? You will lose your Premium access and stored playlists.

Go back Confirm cancellation